Saturday, February 21, 2009

In the GE SUCCESS TRADITION...


I was privilege to attend a meeting at which GE's CEO, JEFF IMMELT talked about the challenges facing the world and GE today and I was impressed by his insights and sense of reality. Jeff described the challenges we all know about the economy and added a few personal insights, as well as the issues he has had to deal with.


I listened to his insights and decisions and came a way with a strong feeling that Jeff is a TRUE LEADER in the GE TRADITION and is trying to ADAPT to the dynamics and complexity facing us all, but most of a $ 187 Billion, global conglomerate.


As a GE investor, though I am shocked and discouraged with the low GE price and EPS, I am willing to accept that Jeff and his team are in control, know what is happening and convinced that the company is 'SECURE", a word he used several times.


I still have concerns about many of the elements of Jeff's strategies and vision, but not about his dedication, abilities and willingness to face reality and make the best decisions possible. I wish I could say the same about those making decisions in Washington about spending the biggest "money throwing" event in the history of the world.


If I made investment decisions, I would bet on the IMMELT team to keep the ship on course and viable...


Bill Rothschild..author of the best case history on what makes a company successful, THE SECRET TO GE's SUCCESS.... now in six languages and on Kindle...

No comments: